Thursday, July 12, 2012

Quilt Club…

Hi everyone,

There is a group on facebook called Quilt Club Australia, it is a virtual community of Aussie quilters that chat, share, encourage and do bees and swaps!

I am in Bee hive 2 and this my block for Tracey for June….

QCA Bee 2 June Block

I tried fussy cutting and it looked perfect before I pieced it….anyway it looks great with the other blocks.

Recently the group had a Handmade Swap. And I made a sewing caddy for Tracey

P1020678

There was a pair of stork scissors that went in the caddy too.

P1020677

I used some Ruby and some Make Life… I especially love the twill tape measure!

And I got this awesome package from Marieka…

P1020847

She got me so well! My fav block, my fav colours and chocolates!!! There is a cushion cover and a zipper pouch, which I have already been using to keep some hand sewing together! Thank you Marieka, I love it!

And then there is the Novelty Fabric Swap…

We are swapping 5” squares of novelty fabric, I am hoping I might be able to make an I Spy quilt for the boys.

Novelty Fabric Swap

These are my fabrics – the Monkeys are an Ann Kellie print and the Trains are from my stash and I can’t remember the details.

Lastly, I think LOL! Is Sasha – The Travelling Stash!

Sasha on arrival

This amazing amount of stashy goodness fits in a 3kg post satchel!

Sasha Out and In

What I took out is on the left and what I put in is on the right….I had to put in a pack of of the Clover Quilting Clips, they are one of my fav stash items!

So, there you have some of the great things you can do on Facebook!

blog signature

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Great swap! And I love the idea of a travelling stash. You got nice things and you put lovely stuff back. But what are quilting clips? I've never seen them and have no idea how to use them either.

Waverlee said...

I love your block. Well done on the fussy cutting. It was your block that inspired me with my July block :) Love the fabrics you have chosen for the charm swap.

Sue SA said...

I love what you made for your partner, that fabric range is so gorgeous. The travelling stash sounds like a fun idea, I did watch the USA one pop up on a few blogs I follow. Just started to do some I spy swaps with my friends here in Adelaide otherwise I would join in, I am trying to use it all UP LOL!

marieka said...

Hi Jess :)

I'm so glad you liked your swap gift! I have to thank you for forcing me to step outside my quilting comfort zone and into the world of paper piecing - I have found that I love it, and yours will be the first of many paperpiecing projects :)